About our Team
First Pres Colorado Springs, located downtown in a historic city at the foot of Pikes Peak, is 3,100-member church with a thriving family ministry that is growing in the Lord. Our ministries to middle and high school students are part of our Family Ministries Department and under the leadership and guidance of Dr. Tom Pipkin, Pastor of Family Ministries. Our Student Ministries team works directly with students from several area school districts; and connects with Young Life, our local YMCA youth programs and Fuller Seminary’s Growing Young initiative. We are passionate about ministry to young people and we are looking for an energetic, Jesus-minded person to come and be a part of our local story.
About this Position
This position is responsible for innovative leadership and vision for high school students. We want to meet students where they are and help them know, love and follow Jesus, while successfully building and maintaining a strong ministry community and partnering with students and their families in their walk of faith.
Essential roles in this position include:
- the ability to present the Gospel in clear and meaningful ways in both small and large group settings.
- partnering with Middle School Ministry and College Ministry to ensure a smooth, healthy transition between middle and high school settings and the transition to college or a career path.
- coming alongside families resourcing them and working together during these important high school years.
We require a commitment to contact work in a number of different local schools, community events and within the life our congregation. You must build and implement a large “front door” program that is attractive to High School students as well as building intentional small-group discipleship opportunities.
There are opportunities to lead camps in local, national and international settings. This position requires energy, creativity, love of people and commitment to and understanding of high school students and the unique challenges they face in today’s school environments.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
- Training in Bible studies preferred.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and demonstrates ongoing, prayerful and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates a passion for youth, understanding their unique place in life, how they think and what they value.
- Demonstrate the ability to recruit, train and lead a large number of volunteers.
- Experience in leading student ministry in a church or with a parachurch organization.
- High energy and creativity.
- Ability to think holistically about ministry and view Student Ministries as part of the whole-church structure.
- Ability to help launch, oversee and coordinate a variety of programs small and large.
- Team player.
- Seasoned understanding and use of social media in a ministry setting.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 403b retirement, paid time off, vacation and sick pay.
Has God put in your heart a passion for the next generation? Will you stand up and go into the mission field to claim high school students for Christ?
If God is laying this call on your life, text Allen Hunter at First Pres Colorado Springs today at 719-776-0974 for more information or send your resume to and apply using the link below.