Full-time opening at First Presbyterian Church, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
About First Pres and This Position
First Pres Colorado Springs, located downtown in a historic city at the foot of Pikes Peak, is a church with a thriving city ministry. First Pres is a 3,100-member, vibrant, five-generation congregation that is growing in the Lord. With an average attendance of 2,000+ people each Sunday, we are hoping this position will catch the eye of an individual who can create casual and youthful environments with high standards of excellence and unabashed hospitality. We invite you to watch online to experience First Pres Sunday services and understand who we are as a congregation.
The Ideal Candidate for This Position
Welcoming environments are intentional; they are developed and designed with great care. In a church, welcoming environments help every visitor to feel comfortable and easily find their way. This position is for the individual who can recruit volunteers and organize welcome teams, review the environment with the first-time visitor in mind, attend to wayfinding and create a welcoming environment. The individual in this position will have the skills and ability to use social media and, in collaboration with the First Pres Communication team, develop marketing strategies to reach out to our local community and measure their response. An ability to create and evaluate metrics related to visitors, attendance, experience and response, among other metrics, is critical.
If you are a person who wakes up every morning excited to see what God has in store; can’t enter any environment without attending to temperature, color, design, signage and overall ambience; loves people and is a natural connector of systems to vision, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in Hospitality, Event Planning, Communication, Business, Marketing or Organizational Development.
- Certifications in event planning helpful.
Experience and Desired Traits
- Professes Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Demonstrates ongoing, prayerful and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates loyalty and commitment to teambuilding with staff and volunteer teams
- Professionally organized with ability to prioritize.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality and discretion.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years working in a team environment engaged in hospitality, event planning and related logistics or general human resources management.
- Experience and love for working in fast-paced, dynamic environments with ability to be flexible.
- Experience in conflict management.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 403b retirement, paid time off, vacation and sick pay.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual who will invest in the life of our church. Please include a letter of interest and resume and send to