The goal of the Communication Ministry of First Pres is to develop, create content and provide direction for the First Pres brand at organization and ministry levels. The position of Program Coordinator coordinates and implements the communications strategies for ministry at First Pres.
This position uses excellent project management skills to serve as intermediary between ministry teams and the Communication team to move multiple projects toward completion simultaneously. As web master and editor, this position uses strong web editing skills to maintain content on all First Pres websites. This position monitors online presence, identifies and resolves any issues with promotional communication materials including editing (AP Style), formatting, print issues, information conflicts (i.e., dates, times of programs), quality of content, page layout, usability and ensures consistency of information across all communication platforms. This position also records metrics to determine success and penetration of media and regularly reports results to Director of Communication.
Faith: Active member of First Presbyterian Church, or active member of a local Christian congregation. Holds beliefs that are consistent with those of First Presbyterian Church.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations, English or related degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a project management or coordinator position in communications, advertising, graphic design, marketing, public relations, economic development or related industry experience.
- Experience working with strategic communications or marketing planning and implementation desirable.
- Experience working with multiple media including print, digital, photography and video.
- Experience in an environment working across multiple departments with unique characteristics and communications needs.
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient with Mac/OS platform
- Competency within Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro
- Proficiency with Basecamp or similar project management tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with web editing—copy, layouts and media management in a WYSIWYG editor
- Basic knowledge of HTML or ability to learn HTML desired
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to receive and respond to feedback with grace
- Must be comfortable taking initiative to resolve problems keeping all parties informed
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills and ability to resolve and/or deescalate conflict
- Must be able to work independently managing multiple priorities in keeping with overall schedule set by Director of Communication
Full-time position with benefits
Must complete an application and background check form
Please include a letter of interest and resume