Opening for First Presbyterian Church, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Fellows Initiative. This position may be part-time or full-time, depending on the candidate chosen.
First Pres Colorado Springs, located downtown in a historic city at the foot of Pikes Peak, is a church with a thriving city ministry. First Pres is a 3,100-member, vibrant, five-generation congregation that is growing in the Lord.
The Fellows Initiative is a nationwide internship program that invites college graduates to embed in local congregations, work as interns in their chosen career fields and experience the love of Christ through a cohort experience in discipleship and leadership development. First Pres is seeking a program director for our launch as a Fellows Initiative site in 2019.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Program Director leads the Fellows Initiative at First Pres. The Director is part entrepreneur, part development officer, part administrator and part young adult pastor. The Director is a Kingdom-minded individual engaging with college graduates, providing an environment that both matures their faith and helps them meld their faith and career choice.
This position requires the ability to inspire both post-college young adults and members of the congregation to a vision for following Christ in the workplace. With exceptional recruiting skills, the individual in this position catalyzes members of the congregation to open their homes to a graduate, mentor in both Christian discipleship and the workplace, provide paid internships within the workplace and surround this program in prayer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, ministry, marketing, leadership, entrepreneurship or related degree desired.
- Master’s work in theology or counseling preferred.
- Experience in a faith-based environment and activity related to discipleship.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders including volunteers.
- Experience with business planning and management including developing and managing program budgets.
- Experience working in a start-up or other entrepreneurial setting.
- Winsome and capable in attending to individual relationships.
- Able to focus on multiple work assignments in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment.
- High energy and able to catalyze and mobilize people towards a vision.
If you characterize yourself as a natural entrepreneur and you are looking for a new adventure allowing you to create, mentor and fulfill Christ’s leading, this might be the job for you. Send your resume and a two-page (maximum) narrative of how you feel God calling you to this position to and apply below. (An application is required.)